Pages

Tuesday, January 21, 2014

The Nursery....

When we moved into the new house, we knew which room was going to become the nursery... We first used it as a dropping ground for any loose boxes that we didn't really had a place for just yet or even ones that we wanted to get out of our sight. Well, it was becoming a disaster zone in that room! With all the events that happened in 2013, we needed something to deliever us a sense of hope and happiness. This room, the way it was, was driving me crazy. The clutter, the mess the UGH!!!! So in December the hubs and I had made the choice to find colors for that room...

A little background is needed... my niece (who is now 6.5 years old!) was a baby when I found a nursery bedding set that I LOVED! So I bought it... it was inexpensive, and I LOVED it! So, I've had it in storage for years and decided to see if we still loved it enough for baby. I pulled it out and sure enough the hubs loved it as much as I did... DONE... CHECK off my list!

So, we were at Sherwin Williams paint store and found a panel of colors that I really liked... brought it home to see if it would even go with the bedding... EACH color was IDENTICAL and matched perfectly to the colors in the bedding. DONE! Another check! Problem though was there were 5 colors. What in the world was I going to do to get all 5 colors up on the wall... WELL...............

We did this....

We painted stripes! It was a pain the behind but I LOVE it. It goes perfectly with the bedding! Once we had it painted we put the crib together and 'dressed' it with the bedding. 

I couldn't figure out what to do on the other 3 walls though as they were blank white.... UGH! I tried painting them a warm tan color... FAIL - it looked terrible! So, back to white they went. With a fresh coat of white paint we decided to paint random letters in the colors of the stripes.... So we ended up with..... 




We obviously need to purchase a few more pieces of furniture, but there isn't a major rush for any of that! I love the way the room has turned out though. It is fun, colorful, unique and almost ready for baby! We will be redoing all of the outlets/switch plates in white, replacing the fan/light and finally adding a dresser/changing table combo, a toy/book shelf/cabinet, a chair and a small table for the lamp etc! 

We couldn't be happier with how the room turned out. It is right across from our room and every time we walk past it we both smile, laugh and giggle. We know someday many memories will be made in this room. We will be able to proudly bring baby home to this room! 

Happy Tuesday! 
Annie



No comments:

Post a Comment