Pages

Friday, January 3, 2014

New Year... New Something...

Hey Folks,
So the month of December was a tough month in my family's home. On the 12th of December my dad, who was 92, was diagnosed with bladder, liver and lung cancer. Obviously this was a tough blow to all of our world's! We had exactly 13 days left with him.... on Christmas Day at 6:34 pm surrounded by family, being held by my mom, and the hubs holding his hand he took his last breath here on earth!

We celebrated his life on the 29th - with lots of smiles and laughter. It was a fantastic and perfect day to celebrate the man who raised me for 29 years to be an independent, strong, faith-filled woman! New years wasn't spectacular for any of us. The hubs and I spent the night with my mom after putting the siblings on planes for home.

So, now it's the 3rd of January - the last 4 weeks of my life have felt like a blur, but also like I just lived 6 months in those 4 weeks! Now what? Where do we go from here? Well, with the faith that dad is protecting us and loving us from Heaven, I am able to get through each day with smiles and laughter! It's going to be hard for awhile, the hubs and I both are struggling with the grief process... there are times when we close down and go inward, or combust into tears - this is not something that we will "get over" anytime soon. We will be grieving for our loss for a long time. The hardest question to answer is "how are you doing"? How do you think we are doing? We just lost a loved one not even 2 weeks ago. We're not doing ok - but THAT is ok. We are supposed to be like this. We are supposed to grieve. If we don't, we will be in a world of mess later on.

On the night my dad died, I laid in bed and wrote a letter to him... it is amazing knowing that he hears my thoughts and sees my tears! I love you daddy - watch over us - protect us.... and as G promised to you, he will protect the family here! Love you - Miss you!


No comments:

Post a Comment