Pages

Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Back to Work... Back to Reality

Ok, so a couple posts ago I mentioned that I got a new job. (Thanks R!) The job was handed to me on a silver platter. In the beginning of January a dear friend called and asked if I was interested in a teaching position. I hesitated, but in the end said "yes". I thought that it would be a long shot - teaching jobs are 1 in a million in Minnesota.... well to my surprise, after a few times of playing phone tag I got a hold of the Special Ed Director for the district and low and behold she wanted me in for an interview.... the very next morning. DONE.

I went in, met with the director, principal and the case worker for the kiddo that I was being assigned to... the next thing I knew after 10 minutes of talking they offered me the job. Pending a background check (HA! That's in the bag people!)

So, that was that... it all happened in oh 3 days time. My background check took 5 business days, but I was cleared and ready to go. Last Thursday was supposed to be my first day... But with the weather we have been having it CLOSED the school down! So I started on Friday.... Monday and Tuesday the schools were CLOSED. So today, even though I have been under contract for 6 days now will be my 2nd day in the classroom.

I am a High Needs ASD teacher. Right now my caseload is one student who certainly needs the one-on-one attention. It is wonderful! I am loving it already!

But with the weather going to be in the 20's today (This will be a 50 degree swing from yesterday to today!) I am headed back to the classroom.

Nothing much is happening on the adoption front. We are waiting and waiting... and preparing. Whomever it is God has chosen to be our child, we will wait until the ends of our days to bring home. We love you little one, whoever you are!

Stay warm friends!
Annie

No comments:

Post a Comment