Pages

Thursday, September 18, 2014

Happenings....

During the month of August the hubs and I decided to take a leap of faith and hire a consultant firm. We are incredibly excited for this opportunity. It was certainly a LOT of paperwork to fill out, but it's all worth it in the end right?

Well, what I can say about our firm that we hired is this... they are AMAZING! We sent in all of our paperwork, mailed in new photo books and updated everything we needed to do and now the wait begins. Or so we thought. We technically will become an "active" family on September 22nd... well I don't know what that means because since last Friday (one week people..) we have had 6 opportunities presented to us and have said "YES" to 5 of them!

On Monday we said "yes" to a situation. On Tuesday we were told she wanted to talk to us - we of course were ecstatic about this. Yesterday during the middle of the day we sat in our office and chatted with this incredibly brave woman. She asked us questions about how we would protect and love the child she is carrying. We poured our hearts out to her. It was an amazing feeling knowing that this woman could change our lives. We left that phone call not knowing what was next. We waited all night to hear from our consultant and we heard nothing. Nada. Do you know how hard it is to sleep with this looming over your head? My heart was filled with such conflict.

This morning we found out that this mom had chosen another family. I'm not going to lie... it hurt and stung. It is only through my faith that I was able to confidently say to myself and the other people around me that I know and believe full well that God has a plan! God is still preparing our child(ren) for us.

So, what is next? The wait continues. We continue to save money and try to be patient. Most of all though, we continue to PRAY. Prayer is what is getting us through each and every single day.


Lord, PLEASE bring us our baby!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for getting back to me about my group follow your story! I really appreciate it. I commented back to you on my blog but I wasn't sure if it went through because sometimes the replays don't go through. My email is mfeveryear@frontiernet.net you can either message me or I can e-mail you whatever works better! I'm very excited to be able to follow you all while your going through adopting your baby. Let me know! Thanks Megan

    ReplyDelete